Understanding your rights
It is important that you understand your legal rights around your personal data and how we may use it.
This policy explains how we collect, manage, use and protect your personal data, including how we work with third parties.
Our legal basis for processing your information
We will always make sure that we consider why we are processing your personal data and identify our legal basis for doing so. Often this will be because you have given us your consent. We may also process your data where we are furthering our legitimate aims and have assessed that the processing is not likely to be too intrusive, or to unduly infringe on your rights and freedoms. In legal terms, this is called the “legitimate interests” basis.
What data we need and why we need it
We collect personal data to help us process your requests, to keep in touch with you and to help us to interact with you in the most effective way.
We never sell or swap your details with any other organisation for their marketing purposes.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact arca.com
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our newsletters
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques|
We will make it easy for you to tell us if you would like to receive “marketing” communications) from us. We will always make it clear how you can tell us if you choose not to receive further marketing communications, either at all, on certain topics or by certain methods. If you tell us that you do not want to receive marketing communications, we will remove you.
We also use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use ARCA.COM. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
We use Google Analytics to store information about:
- the pages you visit on arca.com
- how long you spend on each arca.com page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
What we do with your data
We will not sell or rent your data to third parties.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
Your data protection rights
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it.
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
Please note that we will require you to prove your identity before we disclose any information.
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Links to other websites
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, ARCA will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
If you would like more information on anything in this policy, please do get in touch with our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
- wish to exercise your data protection rights
1400 Dogwood Way
Mebane NC 27302
P +1 919 442 5200
F +1 919 882 9998
Policy last updated 05/25/2018